Decide exactly what you want to achieve in key areas of your agribusiness: For example, you can set revenue goals, production targets, sales goals and net worth goals for your agribusiness.
Write down these goals: Do not fantasize about them, but commit them to writing. This is because the sharpest mind is duller than the faintest pencil, and as humans the busyness and concerns of life can take its toll on your memory (remembrance). Also ensure that your goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time bound).
Set a deadline: Every goal must have a definite end in sight for it to be achieved. Setting deadlines drives you to consciously work towards achieving that goal on schedule. However, if you don’t achieve your goals within the set deadline, you can always reset another deadline.
Identify the challenges or obstacles you would have to overcome to achieve each specific goal: There would always be limiting factors that constrain the speed in which your goals can be achieved. The 80/20 rule also applies to constraints. Usually, 80% of the constraints or challenges holding you from achieving your goals are within yourself or your agribusiness. The other 20% are external (like government policies, etc).
Identify the knowledge, information and skills you will need to achieve your goal: It is important that you identify the knowledge gaps you have between your goals and its execution. Also you need to search within yourself and ask yourself whether you have the right skill set to achieve your set goals. If the answer is NO, then you need to plan and work on how you would acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and information you need to achieve your goals.
Make a list of everything you have to do to achieve your goals: Break down these goals into to do lists. Mention the challenges or obstacles to be overcome, the knowledge or skills to be developed in the process, and the people you would need to work with to achieve your goals. Listing out these items one-by one makes it possible for you to see how attainable your goal is. Wishing you the best of 2022.